Requirements for Admission to Minnesota Medical Leaders:
- Applicants must have completed 13 college credits, with a GPA of 3.3 or higher. AP or IB credits do NOT count towards this 13-credit requirement.
- Applicants should be able to sufficiently demonstrate significant medically related experiences, which confirm the intent to pursue a doctoral degree in medicine (M.D.) or osteopathic medicine (D.O.) and a career in the medical field.
- It is strongly preferred that members have 3 or more fall or spring semesters left as an undergraduate at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities following the semester of acceptance to MML. Applicants should be able to show that they have enough time to devote to MML in order to derive benefit from MML and positively contribute to MML’s mission statement.
- The Application for MML Membership must be fully completed and submitted by the deadline date specified.
· The Vice President of Recruitment’s admissions committee will make the final admission decisions.
· Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision within one week following the application deadline.
· At the discretion of the Vice President of Recruitment’s admissions committee, potential new members who have equally qualified written applications will be contacted for a short interview. The interview is a second screen step, designed to expound upon answers in the applicant’s written application and to further explore the applicant’s medical aspirations and ideas for the future of MML. The interview will take place within one week following the application deadline, but before admission decisions are released.
· Unsuccessful applicants, who meet the aforementioned criteria, can re-apply in future semesters as many times as is necessary.
· There are two application pools per academic year: one in early fall semester and one in early spring semester.